Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tarot 101

I have started a Tarot 101 class at The Balanced Witch. The class is based off of the book Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Exercise 1.1 I had to skip as it asked a question from the book which I don't have yet.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Exercise 1.2:
What do you think Tarot can do for you?

Without judging your answers or thinking they are shallow, give yourself a couple of minutes to jot them down in your journal.  When you are ready, look through them and digest what you have written.


My answer: 
I think of Tarot more as a random guiding system to make you pick up on things you didn't think of.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exercise 1.3:
What are your reasons for taking this Tarot 101 class?  Use this answer to create a Mission Statement to lead you going forward.

My answer: 
I am taking this class to learn the different techniques of reading tarot, the multifaceted meanings of the pictures, symbols and symbolism contained in the pictures and how to take the info that is laid in front of me to come up with a conclusion of what the cards are leading me to understand.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Optional Exercise:
If you already have your Tarot deck, choose a couple cards out of there that you really connect with and lay them down in front of you.

What are some symbols on these cards that stand out to you?  What do these symbols mean to you?

My Answer:

Pour water on thyself thus shalt thou be a Fountain to the Universe. Find thou thyself in every Star. Achieve thou every possibility.
Hope, unexpected help, clearness of vision, realization of possibilities, spiritual insight, with bad aspects, error of judgment, dreaminess, disappointment.
The Star is one of the great cards of faith, dreams realised.
This card is the one that drew me in the most. The beautiful blue and purple tones and the flowingness mesh with my watery type personalty. It seems calm sand serene to me
The Two of Cups is the Lord of Love, which performs a similar office for water.
The Two of Cups is a great indicator of love and happiness.
The art of this one drew me in as well. The water flowing from the lotus blossom and from the fish, I just think it's beautiful. This card shows the symbol for female and seems comforting to me.
This is the Harmony of the Universe, that Love unites the Will to create with the Understanding of that Creation: understand thou thine own Will. Love and let love. Rejoice in every shape of love, and get thy rapture and thy nourishment thereof Love, beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, completion, good fortune, graciousness, elegance, luxury, idleness, dissipation debauchery, friendship, gentleness, delight. This card has the flower in her hand, the swan at the bottom left and a shield with two white birds facing each other. It contains two moons with their circular auras.I associate with the moon, it is motherly and comforting to me. It seems like the common ground of these hope and love. They all involve a female presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment